Punchdrunk Behind The Scenes

What was insightful about the video?

Seeing the behind the scenes process of the creation of a Punch drunk piece was very insightful, especially how they are able to take a run down building and turn it into a highly detailed and immersive theatre space that is highly important in creating the atmosphere for their performances. 

Punch drunk performers are very important to the pieces and they ensure that through the casting process they gather the right group of people that are able to execute the pieces, in the video they show how having their performers improvise with one another and bring their ideas together is a key element of their creating process. 

Another insightful part discussed in the video is how important every element of the building and the rooms within it are, this meaning that every object and set design choice within the building is there for a reason and purpose, and for a punch drunk set design they go into great detail to ensure the room can create the atmosphere they need. 

What ideas has this inspired you to include in your work?

The video has inspired me to include some clues and details within in the set design for our piece that the audience will be able to look at and investigate themselves, this could be thing such as photos or letters that our spread throughout the room. 

I also think that as a group we would benefit from using improvisation as an element of our creative process to gain ideas from everyone and experiment with these to create our piece. 

What are you concerned about with including the work of Punch drunk?

One element that I am slightly nervous about in terms of our punch drunk piece is the element of dance that is strong in punch drunk performances as I still need to work on my physical movements in acting and I am also aware dance is something I can sometimes struggle with, however I know that the dance element is going to be effective especially with the initial ideas that my group have and I am going to ensure that I am going to try my best throughout the process of this.

Comments

Popular Posts