Rehearsal 1 for 'A Dolls House'

For my duologue performance which is going to be a scene from 'A Dolls House' my partner is Melissa, me and her our doing the scene in which Christine and Nora reunite after 10 years without seeing one another. I am going to be playing Christine Linde in the performance. 
For our first rehearsal me and Melissa began by reading through our scene to get familiar with the script and our lines, we also shared some initial ideas with each other on the way we wanted to portray our characters and also how we wanted to stage our scene. 
We decided that we were going to have a sofa, chair, and table for our scene. 
Me and Melissa also experimented with how we wanted to deliver our lines based on our characters personalities. 

When I first watched the play I really enjoyed the scene that me and Melissa are doing for our duologue this is because of the clear contrast in the way Christine and Nora behave, Nora's outgoing and child like behaviour is a complete contrast to Christine's mature and composed personality.

Some things I am slightly nervous about is the way in which I choose to play Christine, as in this scene especially it is clear that Christine has some underlying intentions and that she may not be acting true to how she really feels towards Nora. This can be difficult to act, but I think something that will help is to relate the scene to one of my own personal experience as this will help to convey the naturalism.




Comments

Popular Posts